Wakulima Sacco is a renowned cooperative society in Kenya that has been serving its members since its establishment. With a strong focus on empowering farmers and promoting financial inclusivity, Wakulima Sacco has played a vital role in the country’s agricultural sector.
In this article, we will delve into the details of Wakulima Sacco’s membership eligibility and the requirements individuals must meet to become members of this esteemed institution.
Wakulima Sacco Membership Eligibility
Wakulima Sacco extends its membership eligibility to a diverse range of individuals and groups, primarily focusing on those involved in the agricultural sector.
The following categories of individuals are eligible to join the Sacco:
- Farmers: Wakulima Sacco welcomes farmers of all sizes, whether they own large plantations or cultivate small family farms. Agricultural producers, crop farmers, livestock farmers, and horticulturists are all eligible to become members.
- Agribusiness Owners: Individuals involved in agribusiness activities, including agricultural traders, agro-dealers, and farm inputs suppliers, are eligible for Wakulima Sacco membership.
- Farm Workers: Workers employed in various agricultural enterprises, such as farm laborers, farm managers, and field assistants, are also eligible to join the Sacco.
- Agricultural Associations: Wakulima Sacco encourages agricultural associations, cooperatives, and self-help groups to become members, fostering a sense of community among agricultural stakeholders.
- Employees of Agricultural Institutions: Employees working in agricultural research institutions, agricultural training centers, and other related organizations are eligible for Wakulima Sacco membership.
- Spouses and Dependents: Spouses and dependents of existing Wakulima Sacco members are also eligible to join, further extending the benefits of membership to their families.
Wakulima Sacco Membership Requirements
To become a member of Wakulima Sacco, individuals must fulfill certain requirements and provide necessary documentation. The following are the key membership requirements:
- Membership Application Form: Prospective members need to complete the Wakulima Sacco membership application form. This form serves as the formal request to join the cooperative.
- Proof of Eligibility: Applicants must provide evidence of their eligibility as per the categories mentioned above. This may include documentation showing their involvement in agriculture or related fields.
- Identification Documents: Individuals applying for membership should submit a copy of their national identification card (ID) or any other valid identification document.
- Passport Size Photograph: Applicants are required to provide a recent passport-size photograph for identification purposes.
- Registration Fee: There is an initial registration fee that applicants need to pay upon joining Wakulima Sacco. The registration fee helps cover administrative costs and membership processing.
- Minimum Share Capital: Members are required to contribute a minimum share capital as determined by the Sacco. This capital helps build the Sacco’s financial reserves and ensures the cooperative’s stability and sustainability.
- Monthly Savings Contribution: Members are expected to make regular monthly savings contributions. These savings build their financial security and support the Sacco’s lending and investment activities.
Wakulima Sacco is committed to empowering its members by providing access to affordable credit facilities, savings products, and other financial services tailored to their needs.
The Sacco’s focus on agricultural development and financial inclusivity has made it a valuable partner for farmers and agricultural stakeholders across Kenya.
Wakulima Sacco Contacts
P.O Box 232-10103 Mukurwe-ini,
Mon – Fri: 8:30 a.m – 4:00 p.m
Saturday: 8:30 a.m – 12:00 p.m
Wakulima Sacco’s membership eligibility and requirements offer a pathway for individuals involved in agriculture to join a thriving cooperative society dedicated to their financial well-being.
Aspiring members should carefully review the eligibility criteria and ensure they meet the requirements before submitting their applications.
By becoming part of Wakulima Sacco, members gain access to a supportive community, financial opportunities, and the chance to contribute to the growth and prosperity of Kenya’s agricultural sector.