This article will provide you with valuable information on how to get Tauros in Pokemon Go and explore its weaknesses and effective counters.
Tauros is a popular Pokémon in the Pokemon Go franchise. As a Normal type with a unique appearance of having three tails, Tauros holds significance for players aiming to obtain the Platinum Kanto Medal by collecting all 151 Kanto Pokémon.
Tauros Weaknesses and Counters in Pokemon Go
Tauros is a Normal-type Pokémon in Pokémon Go, which means it is weak against Fighting-type Pokémon. Here are some of the best counters for Tauros in Pokémon Go:
- Lucario: Lucario is a Fighting/Steel-type Pokémon that is very effective against Tauros. It has a high Attack stat and can learn powerful Fighting-type moves like Close Combat and Power-Up Punch.
- Conkeldurr: Conkeldurr is another great Fighting-type counter for Tauros. It has a very high Attack stat and can learn powerful Fighting-type moves like Dynamic Punch and Stone Edge.
- Machamp: Machamp is a classic Fighting-type Pokémon that is always a good choice for battling Tauros. It has a high Attack stat and can learn powerful Fighting-type moves like Cross Chop and Dynamic Punch.
- Terrakion: Terrakion is a Rock/Fighting-type Pokémon that is very effective against Tauros. It has a high Attack stat and can learn powerful Fighting-type moves like Stone Edge and Close Combat.
- Keldeo: Keldeo is a Water/Fighting-type Pokémon that is a good choice for battling Tauros if you need a Water-type Pokémon for your team. It has a high Attack stat and can learn powerful Fighting-type moves like Sacred Sword and Close Combat.
If you are facing a Tauros in a Raid Battle, you will need a team of at least 6 Pokémon to defeat it. The best counters for Tauros in Raid Battles are the same as the ones listed above. However, you may also want to consider using Pokémon with high Defense stats, such as Hariyama or Heracross, to help take the damage from Tauros’s attacks.
How to Get Tauros in Pokemon Go
Tauros can only be found in the North American region in Pokemon Go. Players residing outside this region would need alternative methods to obtain it. The primary method for players in North America is through random encounters while playing the game. However, since Tauros is a relatively rare spawn, it may take some time to come across one.
For those not in North America, there are still opportunities to obtain Tauros. Special events have been held in the past that feature Tauros, allowing players from outside its native region to catch it. Additionally, trading with other players who already have Tauros in their possession is another way to add it to your Pokédex and work towards earning the Platinum Kanto Medal.
Weaknesses and Counters of Tauros
Tauros is classified as a Normal-type Pokémon. Its weaknesses lie in Fighting-type Pokémon. To effectively counter Tauros in battles, consider using Pokémon such as Lucario, Conkeldurr, and Machamp, who have an advantage against it due to their Fighting-type moves.
It’s important to note that while it is possible to defeat Tauros solo with a strong team of Fighting-type Pokémon, it is recommended to invite a friend or join a group for a higher chance of success within the time limit. By strategizing and utilizing the right counters, you can overcome Tauros in Pokémon Go battles.
About Pokemon Go
|Release Date||July 6, 2016|
|Genre||Augmented Reality (AR), Mobile Game|
|Pokémon Species||Over 800 species of Pokémon|
|Gameplay||Catching, Training, and Battling Pokémon|
|Features||Pokéstops, Gyms, Raids, Trading|
|Teams||Team Mystic, Team Valor, Team Instinct|
|Social Features||Friends List, Gifts, Battles|
|Events||Community Days, Special Events|
|Global Popularity||Widely popular worldwide|
Pokemon Go is an augmented reality (AR) mobile game that was launched in 2016. Developed and published by Niantic in collaboration with Nintendo and The Pokémon Company, it allows players to locate, capture, train, and battle virtual creatures called Pokémon using their mobile devices’ GPS functionality. The game follows a freemium business model, offering in-app purchases for additional items.
Since its launch, Pokemon Go has expanded its collection of Pokémon species. Starting with around 150 species, it has grown to include approximately 700 species as of 2021. The game provides an immersive experience by blending the virtual world of Pokémon with the real-world locations of players.
Tauros is a sought-after Pokémon in Pokemon Go, especially for players aiming to achieve the Platinum Kanto Medal. While it can only be found in the North American region through random encounters, players outside this region have opportunities to catch it through special events or by trading with other players. By leveraging the weaknesses of Tauros and utilizing suitable counters in battles, players can successfully overcome this formidable Normal-type Pokémon. Stay tuned to Pokemon Go for more exciting updates and additions to the ever-expanding collection of Pokémon.