Fortune Sacco is a prominent financial institution that provides cooperative banking services to its members.
Established as Kirinyaga District Farmers Sacco Society in 1998, it gained autonomy and rebranded as Fortune Sacco in 2008 in the Republic of Kenya.
With a membership exceeding 125,000 individuals and an asset base of over 4.59 billion, Fortune Sacco offers various benefits to its members.
This article focuses on the eligibility criteria and requirements for becoming a member of Fortune Sacco.
Fortune Sacco Membership Eligibility
One of the key advantages of Fortune Sacco is its inclusive membership policy. Any Kenyan individual, business, investment group, or company can join Sacco.
Fortune Sacco Membership Requirements
To become a member of Fortune Sacco, there are specific requirements that need be fulfilled. These include:
- Copy National ID: Prospective members must provide a copy of their National ID as part of the application process.
- Entrance Fee: A nominal entrance fee of Kshs 100 is required to initiate the membership process.
- Purchase of Shares: Members are required to purchase 10 shares valued at Kshs 100 each, totaling Kshs 1,000.
- Passport-Size Photo: Applicants need to submit a recent passport-size photo taken at any Fortune Sacco branch.
How to Join Fortune Sacco
Joining Fortune Sacco is a straightforward process.
Interested individuals can visit any Fortune Sacco branch and fill out a membership application form.
Alternatively, the form can be downloaded from Sacco’s website and submitted to any branch.
Requirements for Membership Admission
To be admitted as a member of Fortune Sacco, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Field of Membership: Individuals must fall within the field of membership specified in the Sacco’s by-laws.
- Age Requirement: Applicants must be at least 18 years old (for individuals) to be eligible for membership.
- Prohibited Activities: Individuals engaged in money lending activities conflicting with the Sacco’s objectives are not eligible for membership.
- Good Character: Prospective members should possess good character and demonstrate ethical conduct.
- Introduction by Existing Member: An existing Fortune Sacco member must introduce new applicants.
- Regular Income: Applicants should have a regular income from employment, business, or trade.
- Payment of Fees: Members must pay the required entrance fee and purchase the minimum number shares as prescribed in the membership policy.
- Understanding Membership Obligations: Applicants should have a clear understanding of the Sacco’s objectives, their obligations as members, and other membership requirements outlined in the Sacco’s by-laws.
Becoming a member of Fortune Sacco offers several advantages, including:
- Annual Dividends: Members are entitled to earn annual dividends based on their shareholding.
- Delegate Elections: Members have the opportunity to participate in delegate elections and influence the decision-making process of the Sacco.
- Financial Advice: Fortune Sacco provides free financial advice to its members, helping them make informed financial decisions.
- Access Credit and Financial Services: Members can access affordable credit facilities and a range of other financial services offered by Fortune Sacco.
- Investment Opportunities: Being part of a growing financial institution, members have the chance invest in Fortune Sacco and benefit from its growth.
Fortune Sacco Contacts
For further information or inquiries, individuals can reach out to Fortune Sacco through the following contact details:
Head Office: Fortune Plaza, Kerugoya Town
Contact Number: 0724 256 957
Join Fortune Sacco provides individuals, businesses, investment groups, and companies with the opportunity to become part of a reputable financial institution.
By meeting the eligibility criteria and fulfilling the membership requirements, individuals can enjoy the benefits offered by Fortune Sacco, including dividends, participation in delegate elections, access to financial advice, affordable credit facilities, and investment opportunities.